I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Mission Noise Elimination Update!

I have only removed half of the headliner, but this is what I found so far on the passenger side, where a majority of the noise ts coming from. As you can see, one screw is sheared completely off and another has backed out half way.





If I have the clearance, I am thinking about using bolts and lock nuts rather than these small screws that will most likey shear off and/or come loose again. Although this solution may not look as nice on the floor of the overhead bed, it will be covered by the slide portion of the bed. Any additional thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. So far, I have spent 40 of the 45 minutes that were estimated.

2 comments:

  1. If you are serious about putting bolts and nuts and there is space on the bottom, put at least a 1/4" diameter countersunk bolt from the top. Countersinking from the top should end up flush with you wood surface and then use what is called a Nylock nut, no lock washers necessary.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin and Tracy, hope you get that RV fixed soon. Not good to have screws falling out.

    ReplyDelete