I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mission Noise Elimination Continues!

Day two of trying to get the headliner removed to see how many of the screws that hold the overhead sleeper in place are missing or loose. I can't believe how many staples they used to hold the headliner in place...after 50, I lost count.  


I did finally get the entire headliner down and found that of the 15 holes that were available, 2 had actual screws remaining, but they were loose and the other 13 screws had been sheared off.  In addition, the screws on the vertical pillars were all backed out...I think I found our noise problem. Went to Home Depot on the way home from work and purchased 2" stainless steel bolts and nylon lock washers, but I will need to return them tomorrow for 1 1/2" bolts, as the 2" are too long.
 


I am looking forward to getting this done by the weekend and giving the rig a good and hopefully quiet test drive. Thanks for all of the posts with great advise and I hope that this project has not become a bore for some of you.  It appears to me that unless other manufactures do things differently, all of us who own Class C Motorhomes at some point will face this challenge.


Welcome to George who is our latest follower and has a great Blog that I have enjoyed reading, thanks for joining us!

Hope your week is going well and I will be back soon with another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment