Day two of trying to get the headliner removed to see how many of the screws that hold the overhead sleeper in place are missing or loose. I can't believe how many staples they used to hold the headliner in place...after 50, I lost count.
I did finally get the entire headliner down and found that of the 15 holes that were available, 2 had actual screws remaining, but they were loose and the other 13 screws had been sheared off. In addition, the screws on the vertical pillars were all backed out...I think I found our noise problem. Went to Home Depot on the way home from work and purchased 2" stainless steel bolts and nylon lock washers, but I will need to return them tomorrow for 1 1/2" bolts, as the 2" are too long.
I am looking forward to getting this done by the weekend and giving the rig a good and hopefully quiet test drive. Thanks for all of the posts with great advise and I hope that this project has not become a bore for some of you. It appears to me that unless other manufactures do things differently, all of us who own Class C Motorhomes at some point will face this challenge.
Welcome to George who is our latest follower and has a great Blog that I have enjoyed reading, thanks for joining us!
Hope your week is going well and I will be back soon with another update.