I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kind of a Stinky Day!

The last outing that we had in our motorhome, Tracy and I both commented on the loud creaking and squeaking as well as the sewer gas smell that was very noticeable while driving.  So this was the week to address both issues prior to our next camping trip. 

When not reading blogs, I spend time on RV.Net and have learned much in practical repairs and solutions.  As I posted yesterday, I replaced the roof vent with a Cyclone vent and received feedback from Rick, Michael and George that they really work well to rid the in rig of sewer gas odors.

I also replaced the under sink vents this afternoon on the recommendation of several people on RV.Net.

 
Finally, I purchased a pressure washer from Camping World when I bought the Cyclone vent and gave the holding tank a good cleaning this afternoon. 



I was amazed at how much came out of the already clean tanks and now I am able to get all four tank level lights to work, so I am happy with this new tool in my tank cleaning arsenal.


The good news is that I was able to get all of this work done this afternoon in the absolutely beautiful weather of another fine Arizona day.

I was remiss yesterday in not recognizing and welcoming Russ as our latest blog follower...thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy the ride!

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and are ready for what lies ahead in the coming week. 

2 comments:

  1. We have one of those tank cleaning wands and I love it. Who would have thought people could be so excited about something to clean out a blackwater tank LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - It is very interesting how exciting these things can be...Tracy thinks I have gone absolutely crazy. She will appreciate my craziness when we are driving home from our next outing.:)

    ReplyDelete