I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Very Happy Independence Day!


Wow, what a beautiful day here in Scottsdale Arizona.  We woke to cloudy sky's and 80 degrees.  Tracy and I headed out to a nice long walk first thing and enjoyed seeing the many American Flags on display throughout the neighborhood, very nice indeed.

Later in the morning we had a nice light rain for about two hours, which helped to wash everything off very nicely, including our citrus trees, which were full of dust.

We had my In-laws and Sarah and her boyfriend over for a nice BBQ of hamburgers and hot dogs, even put some corn-on-the-cob on the grill as well.  Followed it all up with some apple pie a la mode...yum!

We had a very nice view of some fireworks from the Salt River Fields last evening, which we enjoyed watching from our backyard with a nice breeze keeping us cool.

Tonight, I heard the fireworks and could see the flashes but could not see over the trees, so I decided to climb up on the motor home, which gave me a birds eye view of four great displays.  I tried to coax Tracy up, but she was not going for it.  Next year I am already planning to place some chairs up there in hopes that we will be able to have as great of a view.

I want to thank all those past and present who have made our freedom possible, your sacrifices are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten!

I hope you all had a great Independence Day with friends and family.  Take care, enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to celebrate Independence Day with some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a perfect weather day for the 4th. No rain up here yet. Just lots of fires. But it did cool down and we were only in the 80's yesterday and today. That's really nice. No fireworks for us which is really fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete