I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rain and Heatstroke...

Well we awoke to a nice cloudy 90 degree morning, so I decided it was time for some yard work, before the sun reappeared.

So once the mowing, trimming, blowing and raking were completed, the clouds were still providing a nice umbrella, so I decided to take advantage of the cooler morning to repair and repaint the wall next to our new gate that John installed.

As I patched the wall and prepared for painting, the clouds were still in place and the temps were low. As soon as I placed the roller to the wall, the clouds parted and it seemed like the temp jumped 10 degrees.

So I had a decision to make, do I go ahead and paint the wall or put everything away until October? I decided to go for it, which I quickly realized was a mistake.

Within about 20 minutes I started to get very hot and my head started to pound. I was drinking lots of Gatorade, so I thought I could get through it. Well I was wrong, the head pounding turned to dizziness and then the Gatorade was no more.

So the painting was over and I staggered into the house. I had heatstroke about 15 years ago and it wasn't much fun. Tracy quickly went on WebMD and got the cure for my ailment, she is always a great nurse.

Tracy said that according to WebMD,I needed to lay naked under a fan with ice packs between my legs. Then she said that she needed to determine my internal body temperature and taking my temperature with an oral thermometer just wouldn't do the job. I told Tracy not to believe everything she read on the Internet and decided to take a real cold shower instead.

After taking little sips of water throughout the afternoon and napping in between watching golf and the Olympics, I am feeling much better.

After dinner we had a wild storm with thunder, lightning, wind and lots of much needed rain. Below are some pictures of our storm. I hope you are having a healthy, cool and enjoyable weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. You should know better. I'm surprised Tracy didn't insist just to teach you a lesson. lol But I'm glad you're feeling better tonight. Heatstroke is not a good thing. I keep getting dust advisories for AJ on my phone. Hopefully the rain is helping to settle that down a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heatstroke no matter the severity makes for bad news. When I donated blood in May and then went to work on the trailer, I knew I had a problem. This month after donating with the temperature being higher than May I just headed straight home into the AC.

    Maybe try doing the painting in the early morning so the paint will dry and you won't cook. Night-time painting would attract moisture and be a waste of time. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the heat stroke didn't take you down.....Bet you enjoyed the rain....Your patio area looks superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lucky that you were able to lower you body temperature. And are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame on you. You should know better. Our AZ Desert heat can and does kill.
    Glad you got some rain.

    ReplyDelete