I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's Just Never Easy!

Well many of you provided us with feedback regarding replacement of our dishwasher and today was the day for scheduled installation. There was an electronic message at home yesterday saying that our dishwasher would be installed tomorrow between 10 - 2 and that we would receive another message 30 minutes in advance of their arrival.

Well that call came through and about 45 minutes later we heard the truck outside.  The two installers were very polite and went right to work removing the old dishwasher.  Everything appeared to be going well and then the installer who was removing the old unit said, I don't want to scare you sir, but I don't think we are going to get the old unit out because it won't clear your new wood floor.

Out With The Old!
 

I was a little concerned about this because we had our parquet tile floor replaced with a floating wood laminate by our neighbor John about 18 months ago. The installers said that they would leave the dishwasher and come back another day once we had a chance to remove two rows of the wood flooring.  I called John to see if he might be able to help me remove the flooring while the installers were there and I got his voicemail.  As the installers were putting the new dishwasher in the garage John pulled up with his boat, just back from the lake.

Old Unit Heading Out!

John quickly helped me remove one row of flooring, which unfortunately resulted in damage to one of the floor planks, but at least there was room to remove the old and then install the new dishwasher.  Thanks John!

In With The New!
 

I always hate to run into these types of problems, which delay the installation and require more time and effort than should be necessary.  Thankfully the installers did not get away without finishing the job, although I could tell that they were not thrilled with being delayed, but did a good job none the less.

So the old is gone and the new is in place and it looks great and runs very quiet compared to our old unit.  Now I am actually excited to get it filled up with dirty dishes to give it a real test run.

Besides some yard work in the heat earlier, that is all of the excitement around here today.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the individuals and their families who were affected by the senseless attack at the movie theater in Aurora Colorado.  I just can't comprehend why these things happen and I can only hope and pray that they can be stopped in the future. Thanks for stopping by, be safe and have a great rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I always slip them (installers)a tip even if installation was free. That goes a long way to keeping them happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New dishwasher looks nice - can I send you my dirty dishes?

    Aurora - so sad, what can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite often these small jobs end up being much more complicated than usual, nice that you got it done thou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure was good timing on your friend John's part. The new unit looks great.

    ReplyDelete