I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Former Toy!

About 12 years ago I decided that I needed a sports car...specifically a British made convertible. So I set out on Craigslist to find my new toy and I did.  I found a 1972 Triumph Spitfire, which was a lot of fun to work on and take out on the weekends. 

Unfortunately, I had an extremely difficult time getting it through the annual smog checks and my fun turned into frustration with a big expense. So, I decided sadly that it was time to part ways with my toy and I offered it to a gentleman at our church who has collected Triumphs through the years and was thrilled to get it. 

So I got an email from Tracy yesterday to let me know that Tom had brought the Spitfire to work at the church and I should stop by and take a look.  So on the way home I did stop by and there sat my former toy, looking great with new chrome bumpers and no more smog equipment that made it almost impossible to get through emissions, because now the car qualifies as a Historic Vehicle.




It was kind of bitter sweet to see my old toy...but now I have my new toy that takes just about as much time and energy but enables Tracy and I to get away and enjoy Arizona!  So if you happen to see this little Spitfire on the streets of Scottsdale, give Tom a wave!

Daily Quote! “Happiness is a how, not a what; a talent, not an object. ” Hermann Hesse

1 comment:

  1. Nice to visit some of your old toys from the past. Great looking ride.

    ReplyDelete