I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Battle of the Bulge!

One of the many not so wonderful things about being 50 years old is that my metabolism has slowed and I think sometimes stopped, which has contributed to the bulge around my waistline.  I wanted to make sure that I did not post a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight to only break it 7 to 10 days later.  So I decided to watch what I eat and exercise at least 2 to 3 times each week in preparation for my physical exam in April. Since I have my new iPhone 4S, I decided to see how this technology could help me.

I found a free application called Lose It that I downloaded and have been using.  It is absolutely amazing so far and I have already lost 3 of the 20 pounds that I want to lose before my April 4th appointment.  This program provides me with a target based on my desired goals and tracks my food intake and exercise each day. The program has been easy and fun to use and has helped me make better eating decision so far.  I will let you know how things go and I am resolute to make some healthy progress this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment