I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Beautiful Day On The Oregon Coast!



Wow, we have been spoiled since arriving at our daughter and SIL's place in Wilsonville, OR. Saturday was raining and overcast, but then the rain stopped and we were able to enjoy a street fair in Lake Oswego. 

Our SIL Randy was working on the coast and called to tell us that the sun was shining and we should head west, even though it was cold and overcast in Wilsonville. 

So with our Venti Starbucks in hand, we headed to Lincoln City and boy am I glad we did, what an absolutely beautiful day!

We stopped at Bob's 60's Diner where we had wonderful burgers and chocolate shakes, yum! (Sorry no pictures).

Then it was off for a walk on the beach. I was not familiar with the area, so I randomly pulled down a street and there was a beach entrance, a perfect parking space and a bathroom, doesn't get any better than that!

We enjoyed a long walk on the beach in the sunshine, explored the sea life amongst the rocks and checked out a few future rental possibilities on the hills above the beach. 

We met up with Randy at the outlet mall and were able to get some early Christmas shopping done, buying them both jackets that they wanted.  Tracy and I didn't do too bad ourselves with a new pair of Under Armour tennis shoes for me and a purse for Tracy!

So our kids are off to work today and we are off to explore some hiking trails.  The sun is up and it is supposed to be in the 60's with no rain, so we are thrilled.  

We are having such a great time in Oregon, I am starting to get a feel for what many of you experience every day, and I have to say that I like it a lot!  

Glad to see that our Canadian friends had wonderful Thanksgiving feasts with their family and friends, sure made me look forward to our feasts next month!  

We are off, thanks for stopping by and have a safe and wonderful day, I know we will!



6 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a beautiful day at the Oregon Coast when it's cloudy, rainy and cold inland. Glad you had such a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Oregon. You are getting a dose of our sunshine - lucky for you - had been raining most of September.

    Enjoy all that we have to offer here in the Portland Area. Not sure how long you two are in town for, but if you are still here on the weekend, you should hit Saturday Market in downtown Portland - actually it is near and at/under the Burnside Bridge. Great hand crafted items, good food and the water front is pretty nice on a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, you might hit up Camping World while you're still in Wilsonville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in Lincoln City same time. It was a beautiful day and from what the trusty little weatherman said, we have many more gorgeous ones ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the weather is cooperating in Oregon, there is nothing like it. Such a beautiful place. But our weather down here is about perfect also. I know I want turkey really bad after reading all those Canadian blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We really loved our time in Oregon. Went to Lincoln City several times, isn't it a great place?

    ReplyDelete