I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Flipped My Lid!

Well I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, ours was great and we ate way too much as you can see.



Prior to going to my in-laws for a great afternoon of visiting and eating, I decided that I had time to install the soft top that I purchased on eBay for our new to us Suzuki Sidekick. 

So flipping the lid on the Suzuki was not an easy job, I let it sit out in the sun for a few days and that helped to stretch the material a little.  The old soft top was white vinyl and the windows had fogged up and the zipper in the rear window had broken, so it was time for an update.
Old White Vinyl Top
Half Way There
New Top Installed

The new soft top is made of a denim material rather than vinyl and once I got it installed, it looked great.

Well I have about five or six more projects this weekend including getting the Christmas lights and decorations up for this year. So I will sign off for now and I hope your long weekend is great.  Thanks for the visit!

Tracy, Sarah and I

11 comments:

  1. I remember putting a soft top on a 42 Willys MB Jeep I had,It was canvas and it seemed nothing fit like it was supposed to, took all day but I ended up with a sharp looking old Jeep.Back in the 80's it cost about $300. Now I wish I had the old Jeep instead of the profit I thought I made from my restoring efforts. Be safe out there. Sam & DOnna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - This one was a challenge to get on and I was surprised that it was only $150.

      Delete
  2. The new top looks great, and Thanksgiving is just not right unless you eat too much food.
    Now get to work and get those chores done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am headed out to start my chores now. The good news is that I am still full so I don't need any breakfast!

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the new top,,,it looks superb!! You hav e a beautiful family.........If you ever get up Congress way, stop into north Ranch and see us....

    I have a dr there in Scottsdale as you know. I only have to go to him once every 3 months for a shot of Lupron.....I am usually in such a rush to get back over on "our" side of town (or home!) thanks for the offer to meet up tho and someday we may just take you up on it...
    Nice Blog!!!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike - Thanks for the kind words and the invitation. Tracy and I have talked many times about exploring the Congress/North Ranch area, so we will definitely let you know when we do.

      Delete
  4. I just can't believe it's time for Christmas lights. One of the lots here in the park was completely lit up last night. We might get a couple of decorations out by Christmas Eve. lol Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the good and bad about being a fulltimer is not having to 'string up the lights'! This campground that we are at have a lovely light display, and we didn't have to do a thing to put it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the new lid...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New top looks great and improves the Suzuki a lot... I second the idea of going to the relations for Thanksgiving...Leave the mess over there....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on the top. You had a busy day and looks like a great meal.
    I can hardly believe we are at the end of another year.

    ReplyDelete