I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Traditions!

Sure has been nice having Sarah home from school this week, even though her work schedule has limited our time together.  She had another fantastic semester at ASU with a 4.17 grade point average and she will finish up with six more classes starting in January with graduation in May.  I am amazed at how smart our girls are, so glad that they got their Mom's smarts.

As we get closer to the big day, it wouldn't be Christmas without some Christmas cookies.  My Mom was the baker in our family and it always smelled of cookies, brown raisin bread and candy around our house this time of year.  My Mom would bake over twenty loaves of brown raisin bread for family members and friends, sure do miss that.

Sarah and I decided to keep the tradition going by making some Christmas cookies yesterday morning.  We broke out my Mom's cookie press and we made two of our favorites, sugar cookies and Holiday Nuggets. 

Mom's Cookie Press
I was amazed at how quickly we made six dozen cookies and it sure smelled wonderful in the kitchen too.

















Good Cookies!
Sure great to keep these traditions going and now we have to find someone to give all these tasty cookies to or I will have to up my walking to 15,000 steps per day. :-)

Well it is time to head off to the store to buy all of the good stuff for breakfast Christmas morning.  I hope you are all enjoying your Holiday traditions and I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Hard to beat home baking; doubly so at Christmas.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to enjoy some family time together.
    And a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you guys as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas! We were so busy at Amazon, that Christmas traditions flew out the window. Maybe I can keep my weight loss down that way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to carry on a tradition. The cookies look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother had a cookie press just like that. I sure wish I could volunteer to help you take care of some of those. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete