I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Burr Cold!

Tracy and I spent the weekend at McDowell Mountain Regional Park and although it was fun to be away, it was cold!
 
There was no burning allowed this weekend, so no S'mores :( for us. We were able to get some hiking in before the second, unexpected storm blew in quickly on Saturday afternoon.  The temps dropped 15 degrees and we could see snow on the distant mountains...burr!

It sure has been nice working on my many long term projects and getting ready for Christmas over the last nine weeks since my company sold, but I am going to have to get after my new career after the new year.

Sure have been enjoying following all of your adventures, hope your holiday preparations have been great, that your holidays are wonderful and thanks for stopping by.

Calm before the storm!

Here comes the storm, burr!

Nice hike

Can't beat the sunsets

6 comments:

  1. It has cooled down - significantly enough to warrant sweaters and jackets.

    It is good to enjoy the time off before searching out a new opportunity. I am sure you used the time wisely.

    All the best to your family this Christmas season. And all the very best this coming 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those desert sunsets. With all our travels and activities I haven't kept up on too many blogs. Congrats on selling the company. I'll need to grab a cup of coffee tomorrow and get caught up on your blog. Wishing you and Tracy a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was really cold in my opinion. I'm ready for that sunshine that they're saying we're going to get next week. Glad you were able to get out for the week-end. Merry Christmas and good luck in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read that you had a chance to get back to nature.
    Unfortunately from the forecasts I've been seeing everyone will be feeling the cold this winter.
    Hear is wishing you and Tracy and you family a Merry Christmasand Safe and Prosperous New Year.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, getting out for a few days. Wish I could make myself do that. I am either "home" for several weeks/months, or planning to be away the same, I love the long trips in my rv but wish I would take shorter ones while I am home.
    Wishing you the best in your new career after New Years, but is good you'll be able to enjoy Christmas beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may be cold but we can still get by.
    Enjoy your time off and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete