I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Holiday Weekend in California!

We had a great weekend with my nephew and his family in California over the Labor Day weekend.

We jumped in Tracy's new Hyundai Sonata that we named "Silver Streak" and had a comfortable and fuel efficient ride over to Murrieta California, averaging 33 miles to the gallon as long as I kept the car under 80 miles an hour.:)

Fun to drive and fuel efficient too!

We had lots of visiting time, great meals, a shopping trip to Old Temecula and even got to watch Tom's son Evan's Pop Warner Football game! I would like to say that our weather in California was cooler, but the temps were in the high 90's with high humidity...Yuk!

Fun times!

Well as fast as the wonderful weekend started, it was time to head across the hot desert to our home.  I was happy that we didn't hit as much traffic as I thought we might and we are back to our routine today.

I hope your Labor Day Weekend was safe and enjoyable and thanks for the visit! 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you really enjoyed the getaway, nice to take a new fuel efficient vehicle to. You would get better milage here in Canada where maximum speed limit is 62 mph! But then the fuel is about $5.00 a gallon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine playing football in 90* heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you didn't totally drop out of site. Welcome Back! Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you got away for the week-end. I want your temps to start coming down a bit now. We will be there in about a month and I don't want anything over 95. Just thought I'd put in my request.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting away for the weekend is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete