I have been enjoying visiting blogs and decided to start my own, even though I don't know what I am doing or if anyone will even be interested in reading what I have to say. I am a 50 year old management consultant who has been married to the the love of my life for 30 years and have two grown daughters and a son-in-law who we are very proud of. We are blessed to live in Scottsdale Arizona and are enjoying getting out and experiencing it in our RV! Thanks for stopping by our blog and please consider joining us, who knows where we will go...Kevin & Tracy.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chomping Away!

Last summer we started to notice evidence of termite damage to our door that leads into the side yard from the garage.  They were chomping away on the door and door frame. Needless to say, we had the termite hit squad out to eradicate our little problem and so far, we have not seen any evidence of further activity or damage.

So we had to replace the door that the termites had destroyed before we were fully into the summer heat.  Remember my neighbor who helped me with almost blowing up our electrical system in our motor home by hooking up 240 volts to it, well, I hired him to install the new door. I have to say that I would most likely not hire him again for anything to do with electrical, he really does know his stuff when it comes to installing doors.

I could not believe how quickly he had the old door out and the new one installed.  Of course once it was installed, it was my job to paint it and get all of the old hardware installed. I have to say that painting is not my favorite do-it-yourself activity, but I think that it came out great, if I do say so myself.
The new door with a fresh coat of paint!

Looking good...

The old door...ready for the dump!
After the door painting, it was time for trimming and mowing and getting the place looking ship shape.  Although it is great that we live on 3/4 of an acre, which gives us plenty of room to store our motor home, it is sure not fun to take care of when the temps soar to over 100 degrees.

I started my work around 8:00am and finished everything up around 2:30pm.  By then my back was killing me and I was burning up.  So it was time for a dip in the pool to cool down and stretch out my back. The water temp was a little cool at 80 degrees and I think this was the earliest I have every been in the pool, but it sure felt good.  Of course after being in for about 5 minutes, I realized that I needed to take a stiff brush to the pool tile to get rid of the mineral buildup...just no rest for the weary I suppose.

I hope that your weekend was more restful than mine and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. You Arizonians are something else. You think 80F is cool to take a swim? Good gracious, what would you think about 60F in our Bay of Fundy? THAT is kinda cool and makes me back-off. If the waters out here would hold 70F I would be in the water all summer. You fall off a boat in July/August out here, you have max 15 minutes to get back in. If you don't, than--- too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have the pool to dip into, gotta love it in the hot weather, yard work can be tiresome, thats why we keep moving about, and when I do yard work it is somebody else's yard, don'y mind that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been chipping away at the list for getting the trailer ready for hitting the road in 14 days. Picking it up at the storage yard and bringing it to our son's for the next few days. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete